Showing 1 results

Archival description
Ursulines
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

Ursulines

File consists of correspondence and other materials regarding the Ursulines from Chatham, Ontario. At the invitation of Bishop McNally, a group of Ursuline Sisters from Chatham arrived in Calgary on September 5, 1921 in order to found a new community that would provide teachers for Catholic schools in the Diocese of Calgary. Bishop McNally wrote that the new community would be “diocesan,” that is, it would exist “exclusively for, and within the limits of the Diocese of Calgary.” A novitiate for the new community was set up at St. Anne’s Convent.